I’m not the most well-travelled guy in the world but I am old enough to have accumulated my share of hotel time in Canada, Jamaica, and South Korea. I’m not very demanding, either as a hotel guest or otherwise. Give me a non-leaking roof, a bed without creepy-crawlies, a T.V., a temperature between 15° and 25° C, and a Western Hemisphere-style sit-down toilet and I’m pleased as punch, especially if the room doesn’t cost as much as a trip to the dentist. I guess the relative novelty of the whole experience, my deep respect for others, and my easy-going nature makes it hard for me to understand how some people act the way they do in hotels. Continue reading
Tag Archives: jerks
Greetings from HoaiPhai
Nose through HoaiPhai’s stuff
October 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 68,395 people didn't avoid the bottom of the barrel.
- Ice Fishing on Lake Ontario
- Merry Christmas, Readers!!
- Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
- Unimpressed By… Part I: Coffee
- Things Were Real Easy for Kids When I Was One
- I Have a Couple of Groundhog Day Questions…
- Resurrecting “My Response to ‘100 Reasons Not to Look at Porn’ “
- 2013 in review
- What To Do When Your Back Is Against The Wall
- Revenge Inc. Part II: The Settling of Accounts
- Advice, Suggestions, and Marvellously Helpful Hints
- Current Events
- Film and TV Shows
- News, Current Events, and Modern Times
- Real Edible Recipes
- Recumbent Photographic Reviews
- Recumbent Reviews
- Weekly Photo Challenge
Immigration Office…Have your passport ready.
What HoaiPhai’s obsessing over.advice aliens April Fool's Day baekdamsa Blogging Buddha camera Canada Christmas close encounter of the second kind close encounters clouds CP5700 crop circles culture customs D300 DailyPost employment family FHDRI flowers food HDRI holidays humor humour jobs Korea Lake Ontario language linguistics love Montreal music Niagara Niagara-on-the-Lake Nikkor Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AI-S Nikon nostalgia Ontario orchid Photograph Photography photos police Port Dalhousie postaweek2011 practical jokes pranks pwnage Quebec raccoon recipe Reflex-Nikkor C 500mm f/8 review romance shopping skunks snow South Korea squirrel Staycation sunset travel ufo ufology vacation Versatile Blogger Award Weekly Photo Challenge Welland Canal winter work writing
Winner of several Awards!
Alan Smithee Award
New Awards Policy
Scan this first-ever digital photo of a squashed bug with your cellphone and get a lovely surprise every time I post something!